The DIY paper pumpkin basket is a Fall craft you can do with your kids or a great adult craft to spruce up your mantel or table decor. As Halloween approaches everyone is getting ready to send their kids off trick-or-treating. Buying stylish baskets for candy can be expensive so why not create your own DIY Paper Pumpkin Baskets. They not only work great but it also makes really great Halloween decoration.
Here are some super easy ways for you to make your own DIY paper pumpkin basket with some orange cardstock paper.
Here is a quick, easy, no mess, no fuss Halloween paper pumpkin basket printable. The actual printable is in black and white so your kids can colour it in themselves, or you can alternatively print it on orange construction paper.
1. Cut cardstock to 2-1/4″ x 5-3/4″.
2. Score along the bottom at 1″.
3. Score the length at 1-3/4″, 2-3/4″, 4-1/2″ and 5-1/2″
4. Cut on the score lines up to the intersecting score line at a slight angle (to avoid any overlap and it ‘s cleaner look). Cut off the little piece at the end as shown in the photo.
5. Punch 5 ovals with the Wide Oval Punch, sponge the edges for added depth. I used Pumpkin Pie cardstock and ink.
6. Handle is 6″ x 1/2″.
7. Apply SNAIL adhesive to back of the center punched oval and start layering the ovals on the left and right sides alternately.
8. Bottom view is what the back looks like when complete
9. Fold the box and secure with Sticky Strip.
10. Attach pumpkins to the front and back of the box.
11. Hand cut little stems and stamp leaves if desired.
12. Attach handle with a brad.